Use of the internet has now become an essential element in many job roles. But using the Internet in both our professional and personal lives means being vigilant when it comes to our online security. Failing to browse safely can lead to malicious software being downloaded to your computer, your personal details being harvested and this in turn leading to identity fraud.
• Avoid questionable websites – use common sense
• Only download software from sites you trust. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
• Keep your web browser up to date and ensure your browser security settings are on.
• Ensure you have the best anti-virus, anti-spyware and cyber security products installed and make sure your Firewall is active.
• Do not click untrusted hyperlinks – if possible, type the URL in manually to access the website.
• Trust your personal judgement before clicking.