Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 DoE
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Reporting to: Managing Director
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Head of Technical Delivery based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
IntaForensics is a key part of The Forensic Access Group, which is enjoying rapid growth and progression towards becoming a market-leading international forensics and criminal justice services organisation.
About The Forensic Access Group
The Forensic Access Group is a leading provider of independent specialist forensic science, toxicology and analytical services companies in the UK. Quality is at the heart of everything we do. Our Experts deliver on this quality with unrivalled depth and breath of experience across the Forensic Access Group, which has led to our work having substantial contributions in many key cases.
The role will be based at our office in Nuneaton, Warwickshire (CV10 7RJ).
- Own the laboratory’s technical service requirements from end-to-end ensuring that they are delivered to meet current and future customer needs (capability and infrastructure)
- Maintain and develop bespoke service level agreements covering all aspects of individual customer requirements, working with customers on feedback and NCRs
- Ownership of all software and hardware validation activities to meet the requirements of ISO 17025 scope of accreditation
- Manage the process of calibration activities for all laboratory equipment
- Work with the Quality Team to ensure the achievement and maintenance of accreditation standards whilst delivering services in line with all regulatory requirements (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 17025, ISO 17020, ACPO Guidelines and FSR CoPC)
- Review and maintain laboratory standards operating procedures and associated quality documentation
- Work with the Operations Manager to support technical delivery to customers and internal stakeholders to maintain realistic expectations of service
- Develop and deliver internal technical training for forensic laboratory staff and deliver assessments of staff competency
- Onboarding and developing internal training plans for new employees
- Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders
- Manage client communications regarding technical requirements and issues to ensure timely dissemination of service information in both directors
- Identify potential technical improvement opportunities through research and development and work proactively with technical staff, submissions, finance and commercial teams to action them
- Ensure quality control of output from the laboratory by conducting audits, quality assurance checks and dip sampling of work
- Actively contribute to UKAS assessments and certification audits
- Represent company at technical conferences
- 5 years+ experience of case investigations and forensic analysis of digital devices
- Development of standard operating procedures and supporting documentation
- Contribute to, achieving and maintaining quality standards
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Previous experience of mentoring and training
- Working to customer service level agreements
- Extensive knowledge of applicable ISO standards
- Excellent telephone manner and confident on the telephone
- Pro-active, focused and self-disciplined
Generic Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety
- Take reasonable care not to put other people – fellow employees and members of the public – at risk by what you do or don’t do in the course of your work
- Cooperate with the Company, making sure you get proper training and you understand and follow the company’s health and safety policies
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that has been provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job
- Tell your employer if something happens that might affect your ability to work (EG becoming pregnant or suffering an injury)
- If you drive, or operate machinery, to tell your employer if you take medication that makes you drowsy.
This job description should be regarded only as a guidance to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the job holder.
- Ensure that you comply with all reasonable management requests and instructions
- Comply with all and Company policies and procedures including without limitation, those detailed in our quality management system, the Company employee handbook and anything else released of an official nature.
NB: You must be able to pass a SC/NVVP3 security clearance check and have the right to work in the UK.