Salary: £24-28k P/A
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
About Faraday Forensics
This role is based in the Faraday Forensics office in Warrington, Cheshire. Faraday Forensics is a key part of The Forensic Access Group, which is enjoying rapid growth and progression towards becoming the market-leading international forensics and criminal justice services organisation.
Building on the success of Forensic Access in the traditional forensic disciplines, we have recently acquired the digital forensics and cyber security specialists IntaForensics, and the forensic ecology, archaeology and training specialists Alecto Forensics.
We are an ambitious group of companies and we would like to invite the very best candidates to join us on our journey.
The role will be based at our office in Warrington, Cheshire (WA3 6AE).
Key Responsibilities: (varies depending on grade)
- Imaging and Pre-Imaging of exhibits
- Case management and Forensic Analysis of Mobile devices
- Securing and preservation of digital evidence
- Procedure and documentation development
- Contribute to achieving and maintaining quality standards
- Mentoring junior members of staff
- Ensuring that the company’s quality procedures ISO 17025 and 9001 are robustly adhered to
- Ensuring that the company’s security procedures ISO 27001 are robustly adhered to.
Skills and experience required: (varies depending on grade)
- Excellent understanding of IT Technology
- A relevant degree in Digital Forensics or Cyber Security or relevant commercial experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fully conversant with the Digital Forensic Process and current ACPO Guidelines
- Adhere to and be fully conversant with the FSR’s Codes of Practice
- Advanced ability in using forensic tools including EnCase, Griffeye, XRY, UFED, CelleBrite UFED, ISP – (role dependant)
- Expert level experience of physical memory extraction methodology (Hex Dump) and data carving and scripting
- Experience in handset repair and chip-off analysis
- Ranging from no experience as a Junior through to Senior level with at least 5 years’ criminal and commercial current casework experience analysing mobile devices
- Full UK driving license
- Unimpeachable integrity.
Due to the nature of the role and our work, applicants will be required to be DBS checked and NPPV-3, SC Cleared, National Crime Agency and Metropolitan Police security vetted, therefore all applicants must be currently and permanently resident in the UK and have been continuously for at least 5 years. Cautions, convictions, or financial issues may result in SC Clearance being denied.