Cyber Security Analyst (CSA+) (£999+VAT)
Attacks on networks and systems are constantly evolving, and new methods are developed with alarming regularity. Attackers develop and learn new and effective methods to evade traditional signature-based solutions such as firewalls. An effective method of detecting and combatting such attacks is required, often based upon an analytics-based approach.
Only £999 (+vat) Optional 0% Interest Free Installments
Make your CSA+ training more affordable, why not spread the cost of training over 12 equal monthly installments by Direct Debit (No Interest, No Fees, Simple).
The behavioural analytics skills covered by CSA+ identify and combat malware, and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. CompTIA CSA+ is for IT professionals looking to gain the following security analyst skills:
- Configure and use threat detection tools.
- Perform data analysis.
- Interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation.
Skills Domain: Threat Management
Module 01: Environmental Reconnaissance Techniques
Module 02: Network Reconnaissance
Module 03: Network Threats, Response and Countermeasures
Module 04: Practices to Secure the Corporate Environment
Skills Domain: Vulnerability Management
Module 05: Implementing Information Security Vulnerability Management Processes
Module 06: Vulnerability Scan Analysis
Module 07: Common Vulnerabilities
Skills Domain: Cyber Incident Response
Module 08: Distinguishing Threat / Behaviour Data and Impact Analysis
Module 09: Preparing Tool kit & Forensic Investigations
Module 10: Communication During Incident Response
Module 11: Analysing Common Symptoms to Support Incident Response
Module 12: Incident Recovery & Post Incident Response
Skills Domain: Security Architecture and Tool Sets
Module 13: Frameworks, Common Policies, Controls & Procedures
Module 14: Remediation of Security Issues Related to Identity & Access Management
Module 15: Reviews of Security Architecture & Implementing Compensating Controls
Module 16: Security Best Practice in the Software Development Lifecycle
Module 17: Purpose & Reasons for Using Cybersecurity Tools & Technologies
Why Study CSA+?
Properly trained IT security staff who can analyse, monitor and protect cybersecurity resources are in high demand. Countless industry reports demonstrate that cyber-security skills are in short supply, and the demand for such skills is increasing exponentially.
- CSA+ is globally recognised – CompTIA CSA+ is ISO/ANSI 17024 accredited and is awaiting approval by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) for directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements
- CSA+ provides substantial earnings potential – with the skills gap evident, and demand running high, the CSA+ certification will arm you with a globally recognised independent and vendor neutral certification to prove your skills and knowledge. The 2017 Robert Half Salary Survey indicates average salary ranges for Information Security Officers between £46,250 and £70,250.
- CSA+ is industry supported – CSA+ is developed and maintained by leading IT security experts. Content for the exams stems from a combination of industry-wide survey feedback and contributions from our team of subject matter experts. Learn more about the people behind the CompTIA CSA+ Advisory Committee.
|Exam Description||The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+) certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization, with the end goal of securing and protecting applications and systems within an organisation.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 85 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice and performance-based|
|Duration of Exam||165 minutes|
|Passing Score||750 (on a scale of 100-900)|
|Recommended Experience||Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, CSA+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.|