Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
Attacks on networks and systems are constantly evolving, and new methods are developed with alarming regularity. Attackers develop and learn new and effective methods to evade traditional signature-based solutions such as firewalls. An effective method of combatting such attacks is required, and this often requires the “defender” to know how the “attacker” operates and the vulnerabilities they may attempt to take advantage of.
A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target system(s). The CEH credential certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective.
EC-Council security experts have designed over 140 labs which mimic real time scenarios in the course to help you “live” through an attack as if it were real and provide you with access to over 2,200 commonly used hacking tools to immerse you into the hacker world.
As “a picture tells a thousand words”, our developers have all this and more for you in over 1,685 graphically rich, specially designed slides to help you grasp complex security concepts in depth which will be presented to you in a 5 day hands on class by our Certified EC-Council Instructor.
The goal of this course is to help you master an ethical hacking methodology that can be used in a penetration testing or ethical hacking situation. You walk out the door with ethical hacking skills that are highly in demand, as well as the internationally recognised Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
Introduction to Ethical Hacking
Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
Hacking Mobile Platforms
Hacking Web Applications
Hacking Web servers
Hacking Wireless Networks
Cloud – Threats & Opportunities
Denial of Service
Footprinting and Reconnaissance
Why Study C|EH?
Countless industry reports demonstrate that cyber-security skills are in short supply, and the demand for such skills is increasing exponentially. As such salaries in such roles can be high – for example the 2017 Robert Half Salary Survey indicates average salary ranges for Information Security Officers between £46,250 and £70,250
- The Certified Ethical Hacker program is an essential certification training program any information security professional will ever want to be in. To master the hacking technologies, you will need to become one, but an ethical one! The accredited course provides the advanced hacking tools and techniques used by hackers and information security professionals alike to break into an organisation. As we put it,“To beat a hacker, you need to think like a hacker”
- This course will immerse you into the Hacker Mindset so that you will be able to defend against future attacks. The security mindset in any organisation must not be limited to the silos of a certain vendor, technologies or pieces of equipment.
- This ethical hacking course puts you in the driver’s seat of a hands-on environment with a systematic process. Here, you will be exposed to an entirely different way of achieving optimal information security posture in their organisation; by hacking it! You will scan, test, hack and secure your own systems. You will be taught the five phases of ethical hacking and the ways to approach your target and succeed at breaking in every time! The five phases include Reconnaissance, Gaining Access, Enumeration, Maintaining Access, and covering your tracks.
- The hacking tools and techniques in each of these five phases are provided in detail in an encyclopedic approach to help you identify when an attack has been used against your own targets. Why then is this training called the Certified Ethical Hacker Course? This is because by using the same techniques as the bad guys, you can assess the security posture of an organisation with the same approach these malicious hackers use, identify weaknesses and fix the problems before they are identified by the enemy, causing what could potentially be a catastrophic damage to your respective organisation.
- We live in an age where attacks are all susceptible and come from any place at any time and we never know how skilled, well-funded, or persistent the threat will be. Throughout the CEH course, you will be immersed in a hacker’s mindset, evaluating not just logical, but physical security. Exploring every possible point of entry to find the weakest link in an organisation. From the end user, the secretary, the CEO, misconfigurations, vulnerable times during migrations even information left in the dustbin.
|Number of Questions||125 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Duration of Exam||4 Hours|
|Recommended Experience||Minimum of 2 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no other required prerequisite, we recommend a strong knowledge of TCP/IP, Windows and some familiarity with Linux / UNIX.|