Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Reporting to: Principal Cell Site & DIU Analyst
IntaForensics is a key part of The Forensic Access Group, which is enjoying rapid growth and progression towards becoming the market-leading international forensics and criminal justice services organisation.
Building on the success of Forensic Access in the traditional forensic disciplines, we have recently acquired the digital forensics and cyber security specialists IntaForensics, and the forensic ecology, archaeology and training specialists Alecto Forensics.
The role will be based at our office in Nuneaton, Warwickshire (CV10 7RJ) and working remotely.
The Senior Digital Investigator will conduct professional Digital Investigations to an evidential standard and provide support for both private and public sectors.
- Conducts professional digital investigations to support the criminal justice and private sector and provide expert opinion-based evidence
- Able to conduct OSINT / SOCMINT investigations to an expert level
- Understands forensic methods of collecting online data
- Experience with analysing data obtained from digital devices and CSP/ISP’s
- Demonstrates knowledge of digital crime scenes and offer advice to investigating officers
- Prepare and write comprehensive, analytical, and technical reports
- Present and provide training to staff and clients
- Researches, develops, and drives bespoke DIU projects
- Contribute to achieving and maintaining quality standards
- Ensuring that the company’s quality procedures ISO 17025 and 9001 are robustly adhered to
- Ensuring that the company’s security procedures ISO 27001 are robustly adhered to
- To keep up to date with changes to all elements of digital investigation
- Continue to develop their knowledge and regularly attend CPD events
- Assist the principal and identify any training gaps
- Identify any training or development opportunities that will develop the team
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding and knowledge around digital forensic capabilities with mobile telephones
- Experience in conducting online investigation, OSINT/SOCMINT investigations
- Understanding of communications data in investigations & IPA
- Knowledge and understanding the acquisition of communications data
- An accredited investigator (e.g. PIP, DMI)
- Can build databases and develop software programmes to analyse large data sets
- Experience and understanding of vehicle telematics data
- Analytical experience, attention to detail and investigative experience
- Significant experience of report writing and presentation of evidence at an expert level
- Provides opinion-based interpretation and evidence.
- Understanding and knowledge of CPIA (disclosure)
- Experience of presenting evidence in court
- Presentational skills, with the ability to explain technical subjects in a simplified manner
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential to the role
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience with working and adhering to standard operating procedures
- Delivers and runs projects to meet team objectives
- Research & Development to document Social Media Applications opportunities and limitations
- Understanding & experience in conducting cell site analysis
- Understanding of 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and Wi-Fi networks.
- Competent user of CSAS (Cell Site Analysis Suite)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of survey methods, analysis, and analytical techniques
- Attended and passed an advanced RFPS training course or can demonstrate previous proven experience working as an expert in the cell site analysis
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions
- Time management skills regarding case load, with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Customer focused.
- Works well in a team.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues
- Great communicator
- Can ask for help when unsure
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Flexible with working hours when the time is needed
- Confident with public speaking
- Develops self and others
- Proactive and displays a ‘can do’ attitude
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Values diversity
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to progress in a thriving company.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Corporate benefits package upon successful completion of probationary period.
Due to the nature of the role and our work, applicants will be required to be DBS checked and also NPPV-3, SC Cleared, National Crime Agency and Metropolitan Police security vetted, therefore all applicants must be currently and permanently resident in the UK and have been continuously for at least 5 years. Any cautions, convictions or financial issues will result in SC Clearance being denied.
|Job Category||Digital Forensics|